The site owner makes available this Web site and all site-related services (collectively, the “Site”) subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the “Agreement”). By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use the Site or any of the services made available through the Site.
This Agreement is made between SuccessInYourCareer.com, on the one hand, and each Site visitor and/or Member, on the other hand (including all Site visitors or Members that are entities, individuals, employers, and general visitors of the Site) (individually and collectively referred to herein as “you”). We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms of this Agreement;
- Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on, feature of or service made available through the Site; or
- Change any fees or charges for use of the Site.
Any changes we make will be effective upon notice, which we may provide through various means including, without limitation, posting the updated version on the Site or notice via electronic mail. Your use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version.
Code of Conduct
While using the Site and/or Software (as defined below), you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
While using the Site and/or Software you also agree not to:
- Restrict, inhibit or otherwise interfere with any other visitor or Member from accessing or using the Site or any service or feature thereof, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site, or by engaging in spamming or flooding our servers with requests;
- Use the Site or Software for any unlawful purpose or in violation of applicable law, rule or regulation;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed or approved by us, without our prior written consent;
- Transmit, post, upload or otherwise submit to us on or through the Site:
- any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, harassing, misleading, false or otherwise objectionable, or that infringes on our or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary rights;
- any non-public information about companies without the express authorization to do so;
- any trade secret of any third party;
- any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us);
- any job posting involving any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership,” distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an up-front or periodic payment, pays commissions only (i.e., no significant salary), or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- any content containing sexual, ethnic, racial or other discriminating slurs, or material which contains no relevant or constructive content or which goes beyond profanity into obscenity or abhorrence;
- any content identifying individuals in a negative or derogatory fashion, unless such individuals are the high ranking officials of a company or have otherwise been covered in the media;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, spyware, adware or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or circumvent any portion of the Site or Software;
- Remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site;
- Link from any other web site to this Site in any manner such that the Site, or any page of the Site, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding, without our prior written authorization;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents (except that the foregoing restriction shall not be construed to preclude a search engine from using a spider, robot or similar process or device to crawl and index the Site for purposes of feeding search results in response to applicable legitimate search queries);
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or Members without their express consent; or
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity.
Ownership and Restrictions on Use
©2009 – 2010 SuccessInYourCareer.com. All Rights Reserved. The Site is owned and operated by us in conjunction with others pursuant to contractual arrangements. Unless otherwise expressly permitted by this Agreement or on the Site in connection with particular Site materials (for example, with respect to certain materials that may be expressly labeled as “free” and “shareable”), you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute materials from the Site in any way, without our prior written permission. You may, however, download one copy of such material on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that in all cases you keep intact, without change, all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the Site or the Site materials or use of the Site or the Site materials for any other purpose may be a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site.
If you download any software from the Site, such software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the “Software”) are licensed on a limited basis to you by us or the owner of such Software. Title to the Software is not transferred to you. We, or the applicable owner, retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all intellectual property rights therein.
Although certain areas of the Site do not require you to be a member, some areas do. When and if you register to become a member, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address); and
- maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a password and may be asked to select a screen name. We may refuse to grant you a screen name that impersonates someone else, that is or may be illegal, that is or that may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law that is vulgar or otherwise offensive, that may cause confusion or for any other reason, as determined by us in our sole discretion. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONFIDENTIALITY AND USE OF YOUR SCREEN NAME AND PASSWORD, AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT WHETHER OR NOT AUTHORIZED BY YOU. You agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by logging in and editing your settings of the Site and immediately notify us of the problem by emailing us at support[[at]]successinyourcareer.com. (Replace [[at]] with @ when composing your email)
You consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all disclosures, notices, agreements, and other communications you receive from us electronically satisfy any legal requirement for such communications to be in writing. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for emails or other electronic communications that are intercepted, garbled, lost or not received.
Submissions and Postings
We and our designees may make available various opportunities for you to post videos, participate in written surveys, and participate in discussions on our message boards, blogs, articles and other forums available on the Site as well as other opportunities to post information and materials. (All such message boards, videos, surveys, blogs and other forums are collectively referred to herein as the “Forums,” as further addressed in Section VI below.) In addition to, and without limitation of, any other prohibited content or behavior that is prohibited hereunder (see the Code of Conduct above in Section I, for example), users of the Forums may not post sexual, ethnic or racial or other discriminating slurs, or material which contains no relevant or constructive content or which goes beyond profanity into obscenity or abhorrence. Nor shall users identify individuals in a negative or derogatory fashion, unless such individuals are the high ranking officials of a company or have otherwise been covered in the media. If you believe a message violates our member policies, please contact Vault immediately at support[[at]]successinyourcareer.com (Replace [[at]] with @ when composing your email) so that we may consider its editing or removal.
By sending or transmitting to us any information, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, resumes, other employment-related information or any other materials (collectively, “Submitted Materials”), or by posting such Submitted Materials to any area of the Site, you (i) represent and warrant to us that you have the legal right to post or submit your material, that you have the necessary permissions, consents, or licenses to post or submit your material, and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity, and (ii) grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), assignable, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, edit, add content and logos to, publicly perform, modify, adapt, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import such Submitted Materials in any and all media or through any and all means, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submitted Materials.
None of the Submitted Materials shall be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise, on our part and we shall not be liable for any use, display or disclosure of any Submitted Materials.
Comments on this Site are encouraged and welcome all kinds of thoughts, supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise. There are however a few conditions and rules governing comments on this blog.
- This site is “family friendly” and comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the site owner and administrator to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Play nice.
- A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs of on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted.
- This site is setup to automatically hold any comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any blog comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- Comments on this site will only be responded to in direct response to the blog comment. The author will not (or will) respond privately via email or other communication method to a comment.
- Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
- The site owner, administrator, contributors, and editors reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
- Affiliate links and/or any other links in comments deemed inappropriate maybe be edited or deleted.
- Any comments which are deemed purely for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) purposes only will be deleted.
- All comments within this site are the responsibility of the commenter, not the site owner, administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO SOLICIT THE OPINIONS OF PROFESSIONALS AND OTHER AUTHORITIES BEFORE COMMITTING TO ANY DECISIONS MADE AS A RESULT OF EXPOSURE TO ANY OF THE MATERIAL PRESENTED IN THE SITE.
Third Party Web Sites
You may be able to link from the Site to third party web sites and third party web sites may link to the Site (“Linked Sites”). You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through Linked Sites. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of such web sites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials presented on or through such web sites. Any reliance on the contents of a Linked Site is done at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
Any use of the Site trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features (”Brand Features”), including “SuccessInYourCareer.com”, must be in compliance with this Agreement and in compliance with the Site current Brand Features use guidelines, and any content contained or referenced therein.
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within the Site are the property of their respective trademark holders. Their use in no way indicates any relationship between the Site and the holders of said trademarks. Unless otherwise specified, no association between the Site and any trademark holder is expressed or implied.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
The federal copyright act provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Vault to locate the material on the Site;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit Vault to contact you, such as name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the law permits you to send the Site a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the law. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to support[[at]]successinyourcareer.com (Replace [[at]] with @ when composing your email). We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the law.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service, program, film, or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we so desire, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service, program, film, or other product that we provide.
This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. You may terminate this Agreement by ceasing all access to and use of the Site. We maintain a policy that provides for the termination of Site use privileges of repeat infringers of intellectual property rights. In addition, we reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, AND THE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, VAULT AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO, DEPENDING ON YOUR JURISDICTION, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE SITE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE (OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH IT IS HOSTED) OR SOFTWARE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SOFTWARE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT OF VAULT OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, MEMBERS, OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE, IN THE SOFTWARE, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS SECTION, THE SITE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE SITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH COMPANY OR ITS AGENTS. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY COMPANY “AS IS”, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR SALE AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY OR ITS LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
WE NEITHER ENDORSE NOR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OPINION, ADVICE, INFORMATION, OR STATEMENT MADE OR DISPLAYED ON THE SITE OR FORUMS BY THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER SUCH THIRD PARTIES ARE VISITORS TO THE SITE, MEMBERS OF THE VAULT COMMUNITY OR OTHERWISE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ARTICLES OR POSTINGS, FOR HYPERLINKS EMBEDDED IN MESSAGES, OR FOR ANY RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR INDEPENDENTLY RESEARCHING THE COMPANIES AND INDUSTRIES FEATURED ON THE SITE, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING TO EVALUATE OR TO MAKE A CAREER DECISION BASED ON ANY OPINIONS FOUND IN ANY OF THE FORUMS. WE CANNOT AND DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE VERACITY, RELIABILITY, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, INFORMATION, OR STATEMENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, SO, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION . . . AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER THE SITE NOR ITS SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AFFILIATES, OR AGENTS OR SPONSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SITE, THE SOFTWARE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, THE SOFTWARE, AND/OR CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR SOFTWARE, AS APPLICABLE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE, MAXIMUM AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF VAULT FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL USERS OF THIS WEBSITE UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT (I) THE MUTUAL AGREEMENTS MADE IN THIS SECTION 14 REFLECT A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK, AND (II) THE PARTIES HERETO WOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL LIMIT OUR LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING FROM OUR NEGLIGENCE.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from
- your breach of this Agreement;
- any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any Submitted Materials);
- your violation of the Code of Conduct above; and/or
- your activities in connection with the Site.
The Site reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with the Site’s defense of such claim.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. In this Agreement references to applicable law are to mandatory law only. This is the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes and any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral Agreements between us. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with the Site’s prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Nothing in this Agreement shall confer or create any rights or benefits enforceable by any person who is not a party to this Agreement. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. To the extent you have statutory rights as a consumer, nothing in this Agreement shall affect such rights.